• Ways to Collect Maintenance Fees for Old Town of Lijiang
    Maintenance fees for Old Town of Lijiang shall be collected by entrusting organizations operating the scenic spots in the scenic
  • Shuhe District
    Shuhe District lies 4 kilometers northwest of Old Town of Lijiang. It is a small market town neighboring Old Town of Lijiang. Before the Tang Dynasty, there were populated communities in Baisha and Shuhe.
  • Old Town of Dayan, Lijiang
    Old Town of Lijiang took shape in the late Song Dynasty and early Yuan Dynasty. In the early Ming Dynasty, it developed into a very big town. From the late Qing Dynasty to the period of the Republic of China
  • Specialties—Buttered Tea
    In the Naxi language, it is called “Ma Leng”. It is a folk beverage of the Naxi nationality. It is often eaten together with rice at brunch. Lijiang is located in the cold highland area
  • Specialties—Er Kuai
    In the Naxi language, it is called “Xi Meng Du”. When rice is steamed, pound it in a stone container while it is hot. Generally, it is made before the Spring Festival. Grain of wheat or oat can be used instead of rice.
  • Specialties—Preserved Fruit
    n the Naxi language, preserved fruit (in Chinese pinyin “mi jian”) is called “Mi Jing”). It has a long history. After various fruits are boiled in home-made malt sugar or brown sugar, they can be stored in a sealed...
  • Specialties—Mabu
    In the Chinese language, it is called intestine stuffed with rice or intestinal rice. Half-done steamed rice or sticky rice is mixed with fresh pig blood or egg white while it is hot
  • Specialties—Lijiang Baba
    The main raw materials for Lijiang Baba are the local fine wheat noodles, ham and oil. It is baked on slow fire, its color is golden,and it has two flavors: salty and sweet.
  • Specialties—Salad of Jidou Pea Jelly
    Jidou peas are specialty produced in Lijiang. Salad of Jidou pea jelly is made with Jidou peas as the principal raw material. First, water is removed
  • Fang Guoyu
    Fang Guoyu (1903—1983), style name Ruichen, was born on Wuyi Street Dayan Town, Naxi nationality. He was weak as a child. He began schooling at the age of nine.
  • Zhang Zonglie
    Zhang Zonglie (1891—1925), style name Yishan, was born on Guangyi Street, Dayan Town, general of the Yunnan army in the wars of protecting the country and protecting the law.
  • Naxi People’s Clothing
    The multicultural blending caused changes in Naxi people’s customs in dress. Ancient Naxi people usually used self-woven linen or cheesecloth as material for clothing.
  • Dongba Characters
    In the Naxi language, Dongba characters are called “Sen Jiu Lu Jiu”, in which “Sen” means wood, “Lu” means stone, and “Jiu” refers to marks, meaning symbols on wood and stone
  • Naxi Dongba Picture Hieroglyphic Characters
    An ancient writing for Naxi people is Naxi Dongba picture hieroglyphic characters. In the Naxi language, they are called “Si Jiu Lu Jiu”, literarily meaning “signs written on pieces of wood or stone”.
  • Origin of Naxi Dongba Picture Hieroglyphic Characters
    Many experts have made some research on the origin of Naxi Dongba picture hieroglyphic characters. Some experts believe Naxi hieroglyphic characters were created by the native chief of the Naxi nationality in the Song ...
  • Ancient Music of Lijiang
    It is commonly known as ancient music of Naxi. It is the remains of ancient music that still get around Old Town ofDayan, Lijian and neighboring Naxi people populated areas.
  • Mu Zeng
    Mu Zeng(1587-1646), style name Changqing, another style name Yixin, nickname Huayue, another nickname Shengbai, Naxi name Azhai Asi, the son of Mu Qing
  • Mu De
    Mu De(1311-1390), style name Ziran, nickname Hengzhong, Naxi name Ajia Ade, the eldest son of Alie Ajia messenger of Xuanfu Department of Lijian Route and magistrate of Tongan Prefecture in the late Yuan Dynasty
  • Mu's Residence in Old Town of Lijiang
    Mu's Residence is the government office for Tusi Mu. It is located at the eastern foot of Shizi Mountain, now called Museum of Old Town of Lijiang. It was rebuilt after the February 3rd Earthquake in 1996.
  • Museum of Dongba Culture
    Lijiang Dongba Culture Museum (originally called “Lijiang County Dongba Culture Museum”) is situated in the north end of Black Dragon Pool
Total 37 records 1/2page  fisrt page last page next page final page